OECD Revenue Statistics database

Hi all!

I have recently discovered DBnomics so, first of all, I feel I owe a big THANK YOU to the developers & community that put in place a much needed API for economic data like this one.

I have a question about an OECD database I was not able to find on DBnomics, i.e. the OECD Revenue Statistics database (REV database).

Is this database still not part of DBnomics yet for some reason? Or it’s just me who was unable to find it?

Also,I tried to look for my variables of interest (e.g., Total tax revenues in national currency) in other OECD databases currently available on DBnomics, but couldn’t find any of them (sometimes WB or IMF do have same variables available in different databases).

Did somebody had similar issues?
Any solution/workaround?

Marco

1 Like

Hi @slashlan, welcome to the DBnomics community! And thanks for your kind words :hugs:

As of now, to avoid stressing the OECD platform, we choose not to download everything, and maintain an acceptance list of the datasets to fetch here.

I added REV to that list, and the next time the fetcher runs, it should be there. (The fetcher is currently running, and I don’t want to interrupt it now)

Also,I tried to look for my variables of interest (e.g., Total tax revenues in national currency) in other OECD databases currently available on DBnomics, but couldn’t find any of them (sometimes WB or IMF do have same variables available in different databases).

About your second question I’m not sure to understand (I am not an economist!), I’ll ask a colleague.

1 Like

Thank you so much @cbenz!

Just saw that the REV database has become available :slight_smile:

About my second question, don’t worry, I was just wondering whether somebody knew if the same time series of the REV database were available also on other OECD databases covered by the DBnomics fetcher (sometimes the exact same series are available on different databases of the same provider, like for some indicators provided by IMF/World Bank).
But now REV is available so, problem solved!

Just an additional question: do you have a specific process or a place in the forum where people can propose databases to add to the fetcher? Cause, for instance, there are other databases from OECD that are currently excluded like OECD.Stat or also OECD Productivity Statistics but that could be quite useful to access via API imho.

Thanks again for your help!

All right I understand now, thanks for the clarification!

In general the users of DBnomics use the forum or send an email. See for example this topic: Candidate data providers - #3 by snowde
You could post an answer with your wishes to start with.